Sometimes good things don’t need a lot of explanation. That’s the case with these cookies. I’ve been spending a lot of time in the kitchen baking; making delicious treats for all of the generous people who donated to me for Bust a Move.
I wanted to make a delicious cookie that would top the Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies from last year and these might just do that. I mean, it’s good to be modest, but it’s also good to be honest when something is great. And I’m pretty sure these cookies were a stroke of genius.
I used Martha Stewart’s Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and made a couple small modifications. I’ve had a few people taste these cookies and everyone is loving them. And the other great thing about the recipe– it’s so easy!
Chewy Dark Chocolate Chip and Skor Bit Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Chipits Skor Toffee Bits
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the margarine and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs, vanilla and salt. Mix well for about a minute.
4. Add flour and baking soda until just combined.
5. Mix in the Skor Bits and chocolate chips.
6. Drop heaping tablespoons on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden around the edge.
8. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Serve with a glass of cold milk and enjoy! How easy was that?